Why Do People Lose Their Hair?
Alopecia areata is the phenomenon of hair loss. Normal hair loss is the hair in the regressive and resting phases. The normal amount of hair can be maintained because the hair entering the regressive phase and the new hair entering the growth phase are constantly in dynamic balance. Pathological hair loss refers to abnormal or excessive hair loss, which has many causes.
Depending on the cause, alopecia areata is mainly divided into types such as androgenetic alopecia, baldness, scarring alopecia, in addition to some other rare types such as infectious alopecia and congenital alopecia.
Genetic factors, with androgenetic alopecia being the most common, can affect both men and women, more often men. The hair follicles in the alopecia areata area are overly sensitive to the "attack" of androgens, resulting in progressive shrinkage of the hair follicles, which eventually turns into fine hair follicles, resulting in clinically visible hair loss.
Folliculitis, stress and anxiety, smoking, postpartum, and certain immune diseases are also associated with androgenetic alopecia.
● Autoimmune factors, represented by baldness, and some patients with baldness may also be combined with other autoimmune diseases such as goiter, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, vitiligo, etc.
● Excessive mental stress or sudden stress can also cause types of hair loss such as patchy baldness and resting alopecia.
● Mental factors such as hair-pulling fetish can cause hair loss. Patients are mostly children with the bad habit of hair plucking. Patients are indifferent to the hair loss formed, and some of them even feel that hair plucking can relieve tension, which is a psychiatric disorder.
● Drug side effects, such as chemotherapy drugs for malignant tumors can cause massive hair loss.
Infections, certain infections such as fungal and bacterial infections, can cause destruction of hair follicles and scar formation, resulting in permanent hair loss.
● Scalp trauma, scar formation due to trauma to the scalp can cause scarring alopecia.
Hairdressing and hair combing habits that make hair pulled too tightly for a long time, such as tight braids, hard combing, and hair clips pulled too tightly, can lead to hair pulling alopecia.
Beijing Sincoheren S & T Development co., Ltd, established in 1999, is a professional hi-tech manufacturers of medical and hair growth equipments.